NAGD Mastertrack/Fellowtrack Program
You can join the NAGD MT/FT at any time as we now offer Open Enrollment!
The NAGD MT/FT meets 3 times a year; late March, the NAGD Annual Meeting is typically the first weekend in June and the fall meeting meets on a non-Husker football weekend. Each weekend is 2 1/2 days; case presentations are held on the Thursday before each 2 day course beginning at 12:30 pm. Friday is lecture and Saturday is hands-on. (We do not hold case presentations in March.) Typically each 2 day course is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Masters are leaders in the profession charged with the obligations and responsibilities outlined here.
- In accepting the award, Masters have made a commitment to the highest professional standards and the ideals of the AGD. It is a commitment that will last throughout their professional lives.
- The NAGD Mastertrack/Fellowtrack is open to any AGD member, pre-fellows, Fellows and Masters in the AGD.
- The weekend courses are also open to any dentist if space is available.
- 600 hours of AGD PACE Approved Participation and Lecture Courses
- The Nebraska Academy of General Dentistry will offer a program that will showcase courses in at least 16 different disciplines.
- The 6 year program will give each participant over 600 hours (with protocol) of PACE approved continuing education credits, of which over 400 hours are participation hours.
- For those dentists who hold a Fellowship in the AGD, this program contains all of the requirements to achieve Mastership status.
WE NOW OFFER A 25% DISCOUNT on any lecture, weekend MT/FT or the entire MT/FT program for a new grad/young dentist (each CE offered), up to their 5th year out.
(i.e. dental student graduating in 2023, their 1st year out would be 2024. They would get the discount from graduation through 2028).
Also, we are offering a one-time 50% discount on any lecture or weekend MT/FT course for a new grad/young dentist, up to their 5th year out. Must be an AGD member!
As a new grad or young dentist, you could use this discount towards your yearly MT/FT tuition!
The AGD-Nebraska is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2022 to 12/31/2024. ID#219313.
How It Works
Each course is 2 1/2 days in length from Thursday afternoon through Saturday. Each course involves an in-office assignment that is to be completed during the following six-month period and presented on the first day, Thursday, of the next session. Continuous presentation attendance yields over 100 participation hours per year, covering all of the required topics. This results in more than the necessary 400 participation hours required for Mastership at the end of a 6-year cycle. Once every 5 years, the Nebraska AGD will begin a new Mastertrack/Fellowtrack class. The classes will overlap with 2 joint sessions between the classes. We offer “Open Enrollment” which means you can join at any time. But we will only be offering the pre-requisites during the first session of the new class. Doctors are also able to attend a weekend at a time, if space allows. Being a part of the MT/FT gives you a guaranteed spot for each MT/FT course.
Each subsequent Thursday of each weekend (except March) will be case presentations. Attendance and doing a case presentation is required to if you wish to obtain additional participation hours in each discipline. Protocol will be provided by the end of each session or the following week. You will have approximately 4-6 months to prepare depending on dates.
(Due to the nature of this program, no refunds of yearly tuition will be given. The NAGD is not responsible for missed weekends and are not liable for any expenses incurred by participants due to a missed weekend. Being a part of the NAGD Mastertrack/Fellowtrack, you receive a significant discount in fees. If at any time a participant drops out, the participant is responsible for the difference of the cost of each weekend vs what you have paid. That will be payable at the time the participant notifies the NAGD Office. Due to the nature of this course, no refunds of yearly tuition will be given.)
For more information, click on the link above or contact the NAGD Office at 402-438-2321 or email at info@NebraskaAGD.org.
G.V. Black, ”the father of modern dentistry,” once said, “the professional person has no right to be other than a continuous student.”