[fullwidth backgroundcolor=”” backgroundimage=”” backgroundrepeat=”no-repeat” backgroundposition=”top left” backgroundattachment=”scroll” bordersize=”0px” bordercolor=”” paddingTop=”0px” paddingBottom=”20px”]
Annual Meeting, October 2-4, 2015
“State of the Art Endodontics for the General Practitioner: Materials, Methods, and Guiding Principles” with Dr. Richard Mounce
(8 hours CE/AGD Operative Lecture Credit)
DR. MOUNCE is a graduate of Northwestern Dental School in 1985, he received his endodontic specialty certification at Oregon Health Sciences University in 1991. Dr. Mounce has lectured and written extensively around the globe on the specialty of endodontics. In addition to private practice, he is the owner of MounceEndo, an endodontic supply company based in Rapid City.
The Friday lecture is designed for the general practitioner to improve their daily endodontic skills. Areas covered will include the latest concepts in diagnosis, case selection, and cleansing, shaping and packing of the root canal system in three dimensions. The course will also include an introduction to the surgical operating microscope, cone beam technology, local anesthesia delivery for endodontic treatment, and will discuss the importance of coronal seal and the role of endodontics in treatment planning versus extraction and implants.
- the biologic objectives of root canal treatment
- endodontics in comprehensive treatment planning
- when to extract, when to treat, when to refer
- operatory layout and ergonomics in endodontics
- the surgical operating microscope
- use of cone beam technology
- endodontic diagnosis
- general concepts and goals of endodontic instrumentation including working length, working taper and working diameter
- instrumentation for endodontic cleansing and shaping including stainless steel hand files, rotary nickel titanium files, reciprocating nickel titanium files
- general concepts and goals of endodontic obturation including materials, devices and techniques
- coronal seal including indications and contraindications for posts
- endodontic irrigation
- possibilities for endodontic retreatment, including materials, methods, concepts and indications and contraindications.
[fullwidth backgroundcolor=”#ffffff” backgroundimage=”” backgroundrepeat=”no-repeat” backgroundposition=”top left” backgroundattachment=”fixed” bordersize=”0px” bordercolor=”” paddingTop=”0px” paddingBottom=”0px”]
Hands-on Training Friday, Saturday & Sunday
October 2, 3 & 4, 2015
16 hrs CE/AGD Endodontic Participation Credit
The weekend hands on course will review instrumentation and obturation to achieve the biologic objectives of root canal therapy. Techniques discussed in the lecture will be demonstrated in both plastic blocks and extracted teeth. Participants will have ample time to practice instrumentation and obturation of canals utilizing the methods and equipment demonstrated.
- intro lecture on the materials and methods for instrumentation the participants will use
- hands on demo for instrumentation and obturation using plastic blocks and extracted teeth using multiple techniques.
- instrumentation and obturation hands on for the participants using plastic blocks and extracted teeth. Participants will need to bring 8 accessed extracted teeth. 4 molars. 2 bicuspids and 2 anteriors. All must be fully mature teeth with closed apices. No third molars. Participants should not mount their teeth in stone. Participants will instrument and obturate all 8 teeth.
- Gutta percha removal demo
- Gutta percha removal by participants of the previously obturated canals
- Carrier based obturation technique removal demo
- Carrier based obturation technique removal by participants
- A detailed lecture will be provided describing the STA/Wand anesthesia device and intraosseous anesthesia theory and clinical technique.
- Pig mandibles will be utilized to demonstrate the use of the STA/Wand anesthesia device for block, infiltration and PDL injections. In addition, intraosseous anesthesia will also be demonstrated.
- Participants will have ample opportunity to use the STA/Wand anesthesia device and practice with intraosseous techniques using pig mandibles.
When / Where:
Lecture: Friday, June 5, 2015 | 8:00am-5:00pm.
Embassy Suites • Downtown • 1040 P Street • Lincoln, NE
(16 hrs. CE/AGD Operative Participation Credit)
Friday, October 2, 2015 | 6:30 – 9 pm
Saturday, October 3, 2015 | 8 am – 5 pm
Sunday, October 4, 2015 | 8 am – 1 pm
UNMC College of Dentistry
40th & Holdrege Streets • Lincoln, NE – Limited Space Available
[fullwidth backgroundcolor=”” backgroundimage=”” backgroundrepeat=”no-repeat” backgroundposition=”top left” backgroundattachment=”scroll” bordersize=”0px” bordercolor=”” paddingTop=”20px” paddingBottom=”20px”]
[contact-form-7 id=”5003″ title=”Annual Meeting Registration Form_copy_copy”]
Please Mail Your Payment to: NAGD, 3622 McLaughlin Drive Lincoln, NE 68516 (made payable to the NAGD).
For Credit Card Payment: Call the NAGD Office at 402.438.2321 to pay by Credit Card. Your registration can not be processed until payment is received. An email confirmation will be sent once we receive payment and registration is processed.
PLEASE NOTE: A $45 late fee will be charged if your registration is not received 20 calendar days prior to the meeting.
|Friday Lecture Only (AGD Dentists)||$350 (Register by 7-6-15 and receive a $50 member only discount: $300.)|
|Friday Lecture Only (Non-AGD Dentists)||$650|
|Friday Lecture Only (Staff Member/Assistants/Hygenists)||$100|
|Friday Lecture Only (Dental Students)||$35|
|Friday Lecture Only (Lab Techs)||$175|
|Entire 3-Day Event (AGD Dentists)||$1850 (Register by 7-6-15 and receive a $200 member only discount:$1650) (includes materials, handouts & meals. Lodging not included.)|
|Entire 3-Day Event (Non-AGD Dentists)||$2600 (includes materials, handouts & meals. Lodging not included.)|
- Due to the popularity of the lecture and hands-on course, we encourage you to register early and take advantage of the member discounts. Space is limited!! Register by September 18th to avoid a $45 late fee!
- A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at Embassy Suites for $134 until September 4, 2015. Ask for the Nebraska Academy of General Dentistry rate. To make reservations, call 402-474-1111.
[separator top=”40″ style=”single”]
The AGD-Nebraska is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2014 to 12/31/2017. Provider ID# 219313