2023 NAGD SPRING MEETING
Lecture – “Botulinum Toxin I and Dermal Filler I Lecture”
Dr. Karry Whitten
Karry K. Whitten, DDS, has been practicing in the Omaha area since graduating from the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry in 1997.
Dr. Whitten’s postgraduate credentials include a certificate in esthetic dental from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry, certification in Invisalign® orthodontics and a multilevel course certification in lip augmentation and Botox® treatment. She is also working toward Accreditation in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD) and is a graduate of the prestigious Kois Center.
In March of 2012, Dr. Whitten took over Braasch Dental following Dr. Braasch’s move to Colorado. She continues to provide top quality care in a wonderful office environment.
As of August 2013, Dr. Whitten is also a clinical instructor in the Periodontics Department at Creighton University School of Dentistry.
In addition to membership in the AACD, Dr. Whitten belongs to the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association and the American Equilibration Society.
In addition to the lecture, Dr. Whitten will also be offering 2- 4 hour hands on course the following day, April 1, 2023.
Friday, March 31, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Botulinum Toxin I And Dermal Filler I
Patient assessment and consultation for Botulinum toxin and Dermal fillers. In-depth instruction in the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature and circulatory system of the oral and maxillofacial areas. Learn the best treatment techniques including anatomical muscle sites, muscle depths, and proper preparation for the best therapeutic and esthetic outcomes. There will be 2 classes offered on April 1st. Each class is limited to 10 doctors. You may also bring your assistant for an additional fee.
This hands on session will be offered: 8:00 am to noon and 1:00 to 5:00 pm. Light breakfast, water and coffee will be provided for the
morning session. Coffee and water will be provided for the afternoon session. This class will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. No spaces will be held with out payment.
This 6 hour lecture will include:
- Patient assessment and consultation for botulinum toxin
- Indications and contraindications of use
- In-depth instruction in the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature, and circulatory system of the oral and maxillofacial areas
- Review of sterile technique as it related to the use of injectable pharmacologic agents
- Ingetrating botulinum neurotoxin therapeutic and esthetic treatment plans
- Theraputic botulinum toxin treatment for bruxism to relieve TMJ syndrome discomfort
- Patient assessment and consultation for dermal fillers to treat vertical lip lines, marionette lines, corner lines, and parentheses lines (Lower face)
- Indications and contraindications for these pharmaceutical agents
- Learn the best treatment techniques including anatomical muscles sites, muscle depths, proper preparation for the best oral and maxillofacial therapeutic and esthetic outcomes.
- Proper fee structures for injectable treatments
- Video of live patient training including treatment planning, proper dosing, and delivery of dermal fillers
- How to avoid, manage, and treat possible adverse reactions and complications from dermal fillers
Hands on Course
Saturday, April 1, 2023
We will fill the morning class first, then the afternoon class. If there is more interest for an additional hands on course, we will schedule a future date with Dr. Whitten.
When / Where:
Friday, October 14, 2022
Lecture will be held at the ESU #3 Facility
6949 S. 110th Street; LaVista, NE 68128
8:30 a.m…………………………………. Registration & light breakfast
9:00 a.m…………………………………. Course Begins
12:00 – 1:00 p.m…………………….. Lunch Hour
1:00 p.m…………………………………. Course resumes
4:00 p.m…………………………………. Course adjourns
** Coffee breaks and lunch will be provided in the exhibit area.
Register for 2023 Spring Meeting
Your registration can not be processed until payment is received. An email confirmation will be sent once we receive payment and registration is processed.
PLEASE NOTE: A $60 processing fee will be applied to all persons requesting a refund (lecture only) or $120 processing fee will be applied to all persons requesting a refund (3 days). No refunds be issued after September 10, 2022.
Questions? Contact the NAGD Office at 402.438.2321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|AGD Dentists: Friday Lecture||$339|
|Non-AGD Dentist: Friday Lecture||$799|
|Staff: Friday Lecture||$89|
|AGD Dentists: Saturday Participation||$750|
|Non-AGD Dentists: Saturday Participation||$1,250|
|Staff: Saturday Participation||$250|
Register by March 6th to avoid $50 late fee!
Embassy Suites in LaVista is a hotel within 10 minutes of the ESU #3 Facility. They are located at 12520 Westport Parkway, LaVista, NE 68128. There is NO block of rooms. You can make reservations online at Hilton.com and search for this location.
The AGD-Nebraska is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry.
The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry. The current term of approval extends from1/1/2022 to 12/31/2024. ID# 219313