“ADVANCED YET SIMPLE STEPS TO ACHIEVE ENDODONTIC SUCCESS: A COMPREHENSIVE ENDODONTIC UPDATE”
with MARIO E. ABDENNOUR, DMD, MMSC
Dental Licensure Program, Intercontinental University, 1985
Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD), Washington University, 1988
Outstanding clinical ability award. Washington University 1988.
General practice hospital residency at U.S.C. affiliated hospital 1989.
General practice in California from 1990 to 1997.
Endodontic and Oral Surgery Residency at Karl Franz University Hospital in Austria, 1999.
Endodontic Specialty Certificate, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 2000.
Master in Medical Sciences in Oral Biology Degree, Harvard University, 2000.
Recipient of the Krakow Award for Clinical Proficiency in Endodontics, Harvard 2000.
Dr. Abdennour conducted endodontic research at the Forsyth Dental Institute in Boston contributing to the development and patent (USPTO) of an intra-canal therapeutic endodontic agent.
Private practice in the Greater Boston Area. 2000 to present.
Clinical instructor and lecturer at the Harvard Endodontic Program. 2000 to present.
Dr. Abdennour teaches micro-surgical and nonsurgical endodontics and lectures nationally and internationally to various dental groups, dental schools and endodontic programs.
Past President and Chairman of two component Dental Societies in New England.
Past President of the Massachusetts Association of Endodontists 2016-2018.
Member of Real World Endodontics Board of Advisor’s. .
Friday, October 22, 2021 – 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
The first day will provide detailed methods to improve clinical patient care by demonstrating how endodontic therapy can be precise, predictable and enjoyable. Endodontics has evolved considerably in the recent past with the aim of improving patient satisfaction while improving the clinical quality of care. During this course I will focus on various aspects of endodontic care ranging from diagnosis and access to precision instrumentation and “bonded biological 3-D” obturation.
The emphasis is based on clinical management of patients with the goal of acquiring the knowledge base to deliver efficient and predictable endodontic care by reducing file separation, ledging and transportation. This course will cover phases of non-surgical endodontics, diagnostic tools, bio-mechanical ultrasonic debridement, documentation and peri-radicular surgery.
SPECIFIC COURSE OBJECTIVES WILL INCLUDE:
- Efficient rotary instrumentation: Advantages of conservative taper preparation with the “Blended Technique” by using heat treated and non-heat treated Ni-Ti rotary files resulting in safe and efficient instrumentation for all root canal types.
- How to debride beyond the file contact oval and irregular shaped canals: Provide enhanced reach and disinfection using piezoelectric ultrasonics.
- Simplified Endodontic re-treatment and advantages of integrated apex locator/hand-piece technology.
- Uses of bio-ceramic technology: Hydraulic condensation as the “bonded biological 3-D” obturation method.
- Obturation technique of large under-developed irregular canals, one visit apexification, perforation and resorption repair.
- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth; Conservative drill-less anatomical post preparation and placement. Safe access through crowns and post removal.
HANDS ON TRAINING
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2021
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2021
8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The hands on session will assist you with:
- Didactic review of efficient and conservative taper using the “Blended Instrumentation Technique”
- Bio-mechanical rotary instrumentation. Ultrasonic acustic debridement of hard to reach areas beyond the file contact.
- Biological bonded 3-D bio-ceramic monoblock obturation.
- Perforation and resorption repair and placement of bio-ceramic retrograde fillings.
- Drill-less post preparation and placement.
(All techniques will be demonstrated on plastic blocks and anatomically accurate 3-D printed teeth)
AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS COURSE, PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Understand the benefits of using both heat treated and non-heat treated files together in one great technique.
- Discover the bio-mechanical reasons in why to apply piezoelectric ultrasonic energy in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
- Fully appreciate the benefits of the bio-ceramic bonded therapeutic obturation.
- Learn to place posts with the “drill-less” .04 taper matching post technique.
- Recognize that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and simple manner. The key is to combine new technology with long established, evidence- based endodontic principles.
Friday, October 22, 2021 – 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
Lecture will be held at the ESU#3
6949 S. 110th Street, LaVista, NE 68128
7:30 a.m ………………………………………………. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m ……………………………………………… Course Begins
12 noon – 1:00 p.m …………………………………… Lunch Hour
1:00 p.m……………………………………………….. Course resumes
5:00 p.m………………………………………………. Course adjourns
** Coffee breaks and lunch will be provided
Saturday, October 23, 2021 | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
ESU#3, LaVista, NE
Sunday, October 24, 2021 | 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Embassy Suites, 12520 Westport Parkway, LaVista, NEDownload Course Details PDF »
Please Mail Your Payment to: NAGD, 2244 Stockwell Street Lincoln, NE 68502 (made payable to the NAGD).
For Credit Card Payment: Call the NAGD Office at 402.438.2321 to pay by Credit Card.
Your registration can not be processed until payment is received. An email confirmation will be sent once we receive payment and registration is processed.
PLEASE NOTE: A $40 processing fee will be applied to all persons requesting a refund (lecture only) or $100 processing fee will be applied to all persons requesting a refund (3 days). No refunds be issued after October 5th, 2021.
Questions? Contact the NAGD Office at 402.438.2321 or email email@example.com
|(Register by August 1st and receive a $50 member only discount: $399)|
|Non-AGD Dentists: Lecture Only||$799|
|AGD Dentists: 3 days (Lecture & hands on||$2,199|
|(Register by August 1st and receive a $200 member only discount: $1,999)||Includes materials, meals and books. Lodging not included.|
|Non-AGD Dentist: 3 days (Lecture & hands on)||$2,799|
|(Includes materials, meals and books. Lodging not included.)|
|Staff Member/Assistants/Hygienists: Lecture Only||$125|
|Lab Techs: Lecture Only||$125|
|Total Amount Paid|
If you attend the entire 3-day weekend, you will receive 24 hrs. AGD Endo Participation Credit. 24 additional hours of participation credit may be earned by presenting a clinical homework assignment after the course and presenting in March of 2021 for Iowa and June of 2021 for Nebraska. There is an additional fee.
Don’t forget to take advantage of HUGE member only discounts if you register by August 1st!
REGISTER BY OCTOBER 5TH TO AVOID $50 LATE FEE!
A block of sleeping rooms have been reserved at the Embassy Suites in LaVista for 139.00 until October 1, 2021. Ask for the Nebraska AGD rate. To make reservations, call 402.331.7400.
The AGD-Nebraska is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2018 to 12/31/2021. Provider ID# 219313
1/1/2018 to 12/31/2021
The AGD-Iowa is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2018 to 12/31/2021. ID# 219301
1/1/2018 to 12/31/2021